Wednesday, October 15, 2008

of mother and son

i grew up with the custom of waking up 12 midnight and will post a "kartolina" on the wall with the greeting "Happy Birthday, (name of the celebrant)" whenever a member of our family celebrated birthday.

yesterday, october 15, my mum's bday. it was her first birthday that we were not together. i really want to go to subic to celebrate with them (my girls, my mum and sis) and enjoy my mum's most special day of the year. but i can't since i have work and i actually had a lot of absences in the past due to my sickness.

i spent the whole day like a normal day frequently sending message to my mum about what's happening at her place.

well, i must say, yesterday was a not so good day for me since im really not fond of spending special days like yesterday alone.

its been quite some time since i started living alone. 4 months or so of being single, as in literally single is like uhmm... how can i describe it... it's great since i am managing my house alone. but on the tradition of pinoys of living together with the family is what i really missed.

my mom's home cooked meals... the morning dew scent of my clothes. my well ironed pants. my clean bedsheets changed weekly. my organized room (duh, i hate it when she messes up with my things though. hahaha!), my empty trashcan.

so much to say, i really just miss my mum a lot...

i miss sunday afternoon lying on her lap while we share stories of the previous week's happening with me.

my mum's endless "chikas" about achuchuchu and everything.

so the day passed and works off. me and the ojt's planned to go out (will be posted on another blog) and do some gala moments since they will be leaving the company soon.

i got home around 10PM. my neighbor, my dear brother, is waiting for me. so we chatted for a couple of minutes and went to his house.

i called mum for like 80 minutes and that was the longest 80 minutes i guess (hey, i aint using sun cellular's unli call hahahah). i was happy last night that after a long time, we were able to talk again just like before.

mum, i miss you. wait for me there. ill be coming home by the end of the month. punta tayo sa times square and go around the metro.

yes, my treat! ^_^


...being a family oriented person...

No comments: